URBAN GEO BIG DATA
- 1Politecnico di Milano, Department DICA, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- 2Politecnico di Torino, Department DIST, Italy
- 3CNR IREA - Istituto per il Rilevamento Elettromagnetico dell’Ambiente, Italy
- 4Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- 5ISPRA - National Institute for Environmental Protection and Research, Rome, Italy
- 6CIRGEO - Interdepartmental Research Center of Geomatics, Department TESAF, University of Padova, Italy
Keywords: Big Geodata, Urban, Infrastructure, Mobility, Soil Consumption, Displacement
Abstract. The paper deals with the general presentation of the Urban GEO BIG DATA, a collaborative acentric and distributed Free and Open Source (FOS) platform consisting of several components: local data nodes for data and related service Web deploy; a visualization node for data fruition; a catalog node for data discovery; a CityGML modeler; data-rich viewers based on virtual globes; an INSPIRE metadata management system enriched with quality indicators for each dataset.
Three use cases in five Italian cities (Turin, Milan, Padua, Rome, and Naples) are examined: 1) urban mobility; 2) land cover and soil consumption at different resolutions; 3) displacement time series. Besides the case studies, the architecture of the system and its components will be presented.