RESEARCH ON THE CRUSTAL DEFORMATION CHARACTERISTICS IN BEIJING USING INSAR AND GNSS TECHNOLOGY
- 1Beijing Earthquake Agency, China
- 2College of Earth Sciences, Chengdu University of Technology, Chengdu 610059, China
- 3State Key Laboratory of Geohazard Prevention and Geoenviroment Protection, Chengdu University of Technology, China
- 4Key Laboratory of Crustal Dynamics, Institute of Crustal Dynamics, CEA, China
- 5School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, Newcastle University, UK
Keywords: Beijing, INSAR, GNSS, Crustal Deformation, Geological structure
Abstract. In this paper, we tried to reveal the characteristics of the crustal deformation in both the horizontal and vertical directions in Beijing using InSAR and GNSS observations. Regarding the serious land subsidence in Beijing plain, we also analysed the mechanism of the occurrence and development of the subsidence in combination with the tectonic settings. The GNSS results reveal that the crust in Beijing shows a significant left-lateral trend movement in the horizontal direction, while the vertical direction shows a gentle rise in the mountainous region and a significant subsidence in the plain area. The INSAR results shows a detailed subsidence area and the deformation characteristics were analyzed considering the fault activity. The foundation of geological structure dominates the subsiding in the Beijing Plain. The exploitation of groundwater exacerbates the level of subsidence and has new development. The active faults controlled the development of the subsiding in present days.