ON THE INTERFEROMETRIC AND POLARIMETRIC CAPABILITIES OF THE ARGENTINIAN L-BAND SARAT SYSTEM
- 1Universidad Nacional de Cuyo. Facultad de Ingeniería. Instituto CEDIAC&CONICET, Centro Universitario, 5500 Mendoza, Argentina
- 2Instituto de Altos Estudios Espaciales Mario Gulich (CONAE-UNC), Córdoba, Argentina
- 3Comisión Nacional de Actividades Espaciales, Av. Paseo Colón 751, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 4Istituto per il Rilevamento Elettromagnetico dell’Ambiente del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR-IREA), Via Diocleziano 328, Naples, Italy
- 5DI, Università degli Studi di Napoli “Parthenope”, Centro Direzionale Isola C4, Naples, Italy
Keywords: SARAT system, airborne SAR, SAR data focusing, Back Projection, Interferometry, Polarimetry
Abstract. In this paper, some results obtained through the processing of data acquired from the Argentinian L-band SARAT system are presented. SARAT is an airborne system that was developed as a first conceptual step toward the design of the Argentinian L-Band satellite mission SAOCOM-1. In particular, some studies relevant to the data focusing, and also regarding the interferometric and polarimetric capabilities of the SARAT system are hereby shown. The considered dataset, relevant to an area located in the Cordoba province, Argentina, has been provided by the National Commission of Space Activities of Argentina (CONAE). This work has been developed in the framework of a collaboration between the Italian Space Agency (ASI) and CONAE.