CYBERNETIC BASIS AND SYSTEM PRACTICE OF REMOTE SENSING AND SPATIAL INFORMATION SCIENCE
- 1Institute of Remote Sensing and GIS, School of Earth and Space Science, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, China
- 2Beijing Key Lab of Spatial Information Integration & Its Applications, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
- 3Specialized Forces, College of PAP, Beijing 102202, China
- 4South Dakota State University, South Dakota 57007, USA
- 5School of Computer Science & Informatics, Cardiff University, UK
Keywords: Remote Sensing, Spatial Information, Cybernetics, System Practice, Closed-loop control
Abstract. Cybernetics provides a new set of ideas and methods for the study of modern science, and it has been fully applied in many areas. However, few people have introduced cybernetics into the field of remote sensing. The paper is based on the imaging process of remote sensing system, introducing cybernetics into the field of remote sensing, establishing a space-time closed-loop control theory for the actual operation of remote sensing. The paper made the process of spatial information coherently, and improved the comprehensive efficiency of the space information from acquisition, procession, transformation to application. We not only describes the application of cybernetics in remote sensing platform control, sensor control, data processing control, but also in whole system of remote sensing imaging process control. We achieve the information of output back to the input to control the efficient operation of the entire system. This breakthrough combination of cybernetics science and remote sensing science will improve remote sensing science to a higher level.