PROBABILISTIC RECONSTRUCTION OF ORTHODOX CHURCHES FROM PRECISION POINT CLOUDS USING BAYESIAN NETWORKS AND CELLULAR AUTOMATA
- 1University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt, Röntgenring 8, 97070, Würzburg, Germany
- 2Ivanovo State University of Power Engineering, Rabfakovskaya Str. 34, 153003, Ivanovo, Russia
- 3Ivanovo State University, Ermak Str. 39, 153025, Ivanovo, Russia
- 4Technische Universität München (TUM), Arcisstr. 21, 80333, München, Germany
- 5Jade University of Applied Sciences Wilhelmshaven/Oldenburg/Elsfleth, Ofener Str. 16, 26121, Oldenburg, Germany
Keywords: reconstruction from point cloud, cellular automaton, Bayesian network, orthodox churches
Abstract. The point cloud interpretation and reconstruction of 3d-buildings from point clouds has already been treated for a few decades. There are many articles which consider the different methods and workows of the automatic detection and reconstruction of geometrical objects from point clouds. Each method is suitable for the special geometry type of object or sensor. General approaches are rare. In our work we present an algorithm which develops the optimal process sequence of the automatic search, detection and reconstruction of buildings and building components from a point cloud. It can be used for the detection of the set of geometric objects to be reconstructed, independent of its destruction. In a simulated example we reconstruct a complete Russian-orthodox church starting from the set of detected structural components and reconstruct missing components with high probability.