DEFORMATION MONITORING OF HIGH-LATITUDE PERMAFROST REGION OF NORTHEASTERN CHINA WITH TIME SERIES INSAR TECHNIQUE
- 1College of Engineering, Peking University, 100871 Beijing, China
- 2State Key Laboratory of Geohazard Prevention and Geoenvironment Protection, Chengdu University of Technology, Chengdu 610059, China
- 3Institute of Cold Regions Science and Engineering, Northeast Forestry University, Harbin, China
- 4COMET, School of Engineering, Newcastle University, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
- 5Department of Earth Sciences, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy
Keywords: High-latitude Permafrost, Time Series InSAR, Deformation Monitoring, Sentinel-1, Island-like Permafrost
Abstract. Permafrost distributed in northeast China is the only high-altitude permafrost in China. The deformation monitoring over this permafrost region is of great importance to local climate change and ecological environments. This study focuses on the deformation monitoring of high-latitude permafrost in northeast China with time series InSAR technique. The spatial distribution characteristics, the annual deformation rates and the temporal deformation evolutions of permafrost could be retrieved from multi-temporal InSAR processing with Sentinel-1 TOPS datasets. This work concludes that time series InSAR technique could help to retrieve a comprehensive and reliable permafrost deformation, while a long time-series of displacements facilitated to better understand permafrost kinematics.