Global ocean modeling and rendering techniques based on ellipsoid Rectangular grid mapping
- Information Engineering University, 450002 Zhengzhou, China
Keywords: WGS84, Ellipsoid rectangular mapping, Marine statistical and spectral, Ellipsoid visual LOD, Ocean and land Edge
Abstract. Summary: In recent years, with the development of the virtual reality technology and data acquisition technology, people increase the demand of GIS visualization. Especially accounting for occupying 70 percent of global area, and as a based environmental visualization, global ocean visualization is particularly important in some applications. This paper studies the global ocean visualization and modeling techniques under the framework of the WGS84 ellipsoid and achieves a method of rapid global ocean photorealistic rendering.
The main research works are as follow:
1. In the height field modeling, with the law of statistical and spectral marine and Phillip wave spectrum, we can produce a single height map which considers the wind farm on the ocean wave magnitude of impact;
2. With ellipsoid rectangular grid mapping relationship, the single height map produced above will be mapped to the ellipsoid repeatedly, and achieve a goal of global ocean height field modeling;
3. With the conversion of screen space coordinate system and the rectangular spatial coordinate system, sampling points can be acquired by the view-dependent ellipsoid;
4. With the introduction of global bathymetric data, and came through the GPU for rapid sampling, so that we can get sampling points related to transparency and depth values to achieve a global ocean and land border processing.