VISUALIZATION OF MARINE SAND DUNE DISPLACEMENTS UTILIZING MODERN GPU TECHNIQUES
- 1Fraunhofer IGD, Darmstadt, Germany
- 2TU Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
- 3SINTEF ICT, Oslo, Norway
- 4LDO - CNRS UMR 6538, University of Western Brittany, Brest, France
- 5IPGS - UMR 7516 CNRS, University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Keywords: interactive visualization, modern GPU techniques, geological displacements
Abstract. Quantifying and visualizing deformation and material fluxes is an indispensable tool for many geoscientific applications at different scales comprising for example global convective models (Burstedde et al., 2013), co-seismic slip (Leprince et al., 2007) or local slope deformation (Stumpf et al., 2014b). Within the European project IQmulus (http://www.iqmulus.eu) a special focus is laid on the efficient detection and visualization of submarine sand dune displacements. In this paper we present our approaches on the visualization of the calculated displacements utilizing modern GPU techniques to enable the user to interactively analyze intermediate and final results within the whole workflow.