DESIGN ON VALIDATION NETWORK OF REMOTE SENSING PRODUCTS IN CHINA
- 1Cold and Arid Regions Remote Sensing Observation System Experiment Station, CAREERI, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Donggang West Road, Lanzhou, China
- 2Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute (CAREERI), Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Donggang West Road, Lanzhou, China
- 3Huailai Remote Sensing Comprehensive Experimental Station, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No.9 Dengzhuang South Road, Haidian District, China
- 4Jingyuetan Remote Sensing Experimental Station, Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 3195 Weishan Road, Changchun, China
- 5Hulunber Grassland Ecosystem Observation and Research Station, Institute of Agricultural Research and Regional Planning, CCAS, Zhongguancun 12 South Main Street, Haidian District, China
Keywords: Validation, validation network, remote sensing, remote sensing products, China
Abstract. Validation is important assurance for the usage of remote sensing products. This paper introduces the design of a planning Validation network of Remote sensing Products in China (VRPC). VRPC is planning to incorporate more than 10 experimental stations relating to remote sensing observation. The observation fields of these stations need include typical land surface types as possible. VRPC will be realized step by step. In the first stage, four stations that have better remote sensing observation basis are incorporated. They are Heihe Remote Sensing Comprehensive Experimental Station, Huailai Remote Sensing Comprehensive Experimental Station, Jingyuetan Remote Sensing Experimental Station, Hulunber Grassland Ecosystem Observation and Research Station. In this paper, the over goal of VRPC was introduced firstly. Then the basic selection principles of the observation sites were set down especially for the validation of the remote sensing products. The layout scheme of each observation site was preliminarily designed for various types of products with different spatial resolutions. It is the key problem to realize the combination of observation and research among all the stations. Therefore the unified observation system and operating rules are necessary, which can increase the comparability and consistency of the observation data. Multi-year measurements ensure that inter-annual validity of land products can be assessed in China. 2013 is the first measurement year of the VRPC. Some joint observation plans will be performed in this summer. The validation products mainly include Leaf Area Index & FPAR, NPP & GPP, Land Surface Temperature, Evapotranspiration, and so on. The observation sites of VRPC are open and hope more cooperation and exchange in the world.