OVERVIEW OF UAV ACTIVITIES IN WAGENINGEN UNMANNED AERIAL REMOTE SENSING FACILITY
- 1Laboratory of Geo-Information Science and Remote Sensing, Wageningen University, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- 2Soil Physics and Land Management Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- 3Alterra Wageningen UR, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- 4Nature Conservation and Plant Ecology Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, the Netherlands
- 5Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics - Computational Geo-Ecology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Keywords: UAV, UARSF, Hyperspectral, Orthophoto, DSM
Abstract. The WUR Unmanned Aerial Remote Sensing Facility (UARSF) (www.wageningenur.nl/uarsf ) is a co-operation organization of different groups within Wageningen University and Research Centre to use UAVs in remote sensing applications. The facility was founded in 2012. Since then the facility has taken part in numerous of mapping campaigns exploiting UAVs with researchers with in WUR as well as external cooperating partners. In this paper/poster we present the facility, the UAV platforms, the camera systems, and demonstrate some highlights of our results.