INTERFEROMETRIC SYNTHETIC APERTURE RADAR (INSAR) TECHNOLOGY AND GEOMORPHOLOGY INTERPRETATION
- 1Physical Geography Department, Geography Faculty, University of Tehran, Tehran Iran
- 2Physical Geography Department, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
- 3Dept. of Remote Sensing and GIS, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Iran
- 4Department of Geography, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Markaz Branch, Tehran, Iran
- 5Iran Geographical Organization, Iran
Keywords: INSAR, Geomorphology, Hazard
Abstract. Geomorphology is briefly the study of landforms and their formative processes on the surface of the planet earth as human habitat. The landforms evolution and the formative processes can best be studied by technologies with main application in study of elevation. Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR) is the appropriate technology for this application. With phase differences calculations in radar waves, the results of this technology can extensively be interpreted for geomorphologic researches. The purpose of the study is to review the geomorphologic studies using InSAR and also the technical studies about InSAR with geomorphologic interpretations. This study states that the InSAR technology can be recommended to be employed as a fundamental for geomorphology researches.